Thursday, September 16, 2010

How time flies


I, like many others, start a blog and then time flies, we get very busy and before we know it its been months, or in my case longer, since we post again. Oh well. So I'm attempting to try again and hopefully this time I will be able to keep up.  

So back to blogging.

Some things have changed since I started this blog. Not only am I training horses and teaching students, I have also opened my trimming business to accept a larger clientele. I have been trimming for around seven years but mostly my horses and a few clients. I didn't want the trimming business to take over my first love, teaching and training. The trimming business has grown immensely this year, but instead of it taking over my time, I have found it has lead to an increased client load of students. When a horse owner hires me to trim their horse(s), they see how well I am with their horse(s) and one thing leads to another and I have gained a new student.
Now I look back at my decision, my fears of it taking over my time, and the bit of risk I took and I say to myself, "Wow! I wish I had done this earlier."
RF Before
RF After
One other big step I took with my trimming business was the decision to get certified. I joined the PHCP (Pacific Hoof Care Practitioners) and I am about half way through the program. The benefit of this program is that it not only focuses on trimming, but also on nutrition, a huge benefit  to me as a horse owner and trainer. I feel I can offer more to all my clients with the knowledge I have gained. Of course, the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know....and that is one of the things I love about horses, always more to learn and ways to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment